• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Numbness of the skin

darkz

Bluelighter
hello i am kinda very paranoid about this.

first off I am an IV heroin user. I shoot up about 4-5 times a day for about 5 months now. this morning and now. (maybe didnt notice it throughout the day) ive been feeling numb all over my body. i don't know what it is and its really tripping me out. i dont usually feel like this...

oh and i did alot of coke last night..could that be it?

Theres no way for anyone here to diagnose you or know what is causing that. It could be any number of things. If it still feels like that tomorrow I'd suggest seeing someone about it.

I'd like you to go to an ER or a clinic within the next few days.If these symptoms have just come up since doing the coke, The coke may have been cut w/ Levamisole. If you have odd ulcers, sore throat, etc it could be agranulocytosis. Numbness also called parasthesias isn't a typical agranulocytosis problem but if you had a pre-existing sub-clinical infection and agranulocytosis were caused by levamisole it could manifest in an atypical way. Do tell the Doc you did coke and that there is potential it for any untested coke to have been cut w/ levamisole which can cause agranulocytosis or neutropenia.(immune problems from damage to bone marrow)

I'm hoping I'm just way paranoid and nothing is wrong but part of what I'm reacting to is your feeling that something is really off.

I maybe way overreacting, but definitely if sores or anything that seems like immune problems arises get some help right way.

Last edited by a moderator:
My reaction was over the top, feeling sick and "oh and i did alot of coke last night..could that be it?" got me very worried about the fact that 71% of the cocaine seized by the dea last year was tainted with some levamisole and some people have gotten very sick. a heads up was warranted but I should say it is unlikely that the serious bad effects associated w/ levamisole are what is going on. Definitely if you are not getting better see a professional and do include the coke & levamisole issue BUT my post was a bit to reactive to the worst case scenario for which I apologize.